Friday 7 September 2012

Puffing Smoke

A little more work done on the van. We had the choke mechanism installed. Why was it ever uninstalled? We also had the reverse indicator beeper disconnected. Both things will save some embarrassment - reversing into a campsite and then trying to get it started to leave again were quite unpleasant (although humourous). 

We also decided to get an oil spray undercoating, given the age of the van. After it was finished at Krown, I drove around to complete a few errands. Big mistake. Huge. There were huge puffs of smoke from the oil spray billowing out from under the van. Reminiscent of the Jello Biafra song "Full Metal Jackoff, or a Cheech and Chong movie." I was stuck in traffic (hard to do in a small town), in front of the high school, buses, cars, kids leaving school... very red in the face, but laughing about it all. No matter where I went, I could not seem to escape the traffic. Cars were staying well behind me, people were laughing or looking alarmed as they drove by..not the van's finest hour. 


Then I stopped at Canadian Tire. As I was getting back in the van, a young boy said, "Daddy, Daddy." "Get out of the truck and you can can ask me in a minute." He couldn't wait. "Daddy, what's that truck?" Daddy said, "It's a caravan. You can go camping in it. It has a little kitchen and bed inside and everything." That made me smile. The boy was clearly fascinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment