Friday 31 August 2012

Van reno - the quest for fabric

I have looked at literally thousands of fabrics online and in fabric and upholstery stores. Who knew it would be so difficult to find the right fabrics? We want to go with a palette of fifties kitchen colour - aqua, lime green, red with black and white accents.

Here are some fabrics I considered:


RETRO ROUTE 66 GAS STATION DINER BUS MOTEL SIGNS FABRIC 16 Available BTHY

Item picture





I can't seem to find just the right one. Actually, I can find it, I just can't order it. Here is the fabric we would love to use for the curtains:


It is a Michael Miller fabric, CX 3978 Multi Trailer Travel. Michael Miller Fabrics (actually a man and a woman) have some incredible designs. Although the green is not quite the right shade, this fabric is amazingly retro enough to change the colour scheme a little. We could choose a coordinating fabric for the upholstery. I have emailed Michael Miller and their wholesaler in Montreal (we are in Southern Ontario, Canada), and I am trying desperately to find a place I can buy this. I have searched eBay and Amazon.com, to no avail.


We also seem to live in a textile black hole here. There used to be 3 fabric stores in our town, but now there are none. Barrie, the closest city, has 1 Fabricland which is just abysmal. There are some upholstery shops, but I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on fabrics, even if I could find what we wanted. Any ideas?






No comments:

Post a Comment