Saturday 25 August 2012

Van Reno Part 2

While I was figuring out that I had to take down the darn shelves, we came up with the brilliant idea of putting in a folding table beside the sink. I bought 2 folding shelf brackets. They are supposed to hold up to 150 lbs. Then I got a piece of MDF and some vinyl trim for it. The hardest part of the whole project was putting the trim on the MDF. I did discover that using a level on a van in a driveway is not advisable - doh! Now we have a lovely little table that will make washing dishes in the sink much easier. 


 





Isn't that fantastic? I am not sure about the 150 lbs, since it is just anchored to the panel board. I used drywall anchors, and had to be careful to avoid the water reservoir under the sink. Love the folding aspect! The whole thing cost $25.

I have painted where the little shelves were, and touched up the paint on the parts of them that will go back up. I have also painted the new table top (without holes), and the board that goes in to make the bed. Will the painting ever end? Will I ever clean up all the paint drips in the van? Will we find the perfect fabric? Tune in next time to find out.






No comments:

Post a Comment